Digital Terrestrial Television has finally arrived to Romania but digital television, in its every other form, already changed business models to capture the attention of modern viewer. Broadcast become multicast, content struggles to adapt to new technologies and internet plays a central role in the way video is consumed. At International Digital Forum 2014, broadcasters, satellite and cable operators, internet leaders, telecommunication companies, and technology and solution providers discuss and exchange expert information, ideas and opinions on the hottest topics facing the digital TV sector.
8:30 Registration & Welcome Coffee
9:00 Chair's Opening Remarks
• Mihai CONSTANTIN, President, Asociatia pentru Comunicatii Digitale
Decision makers and industry regulators are in the first line of reshaping the TV business environment for the benefit of both consumers and economy. Has Romania a national strategy towards digital television? How the digital future looks like in Brussels?
• Razvan COTOVELEA, Minister, Ministry of Communications and Information Society
• Florin LUPESCU, Principal Advisor, EC Directorate General Communications Networks, Content & Technology
• Cătălin MARINESCU, President, ANCOM
• Laura GEORGESCU, President, National Audiovisual Council
What’s the plan for the transition to digital television? How to protect viewers’ interests and secure the free access to information? Is there a business case for Romania’s delayed transition to DTT? What success story to follow, what new opportunities to consider? What would be the role of public television as contributor and beneficiary of DTT transition?
• Gabriel GRECU, General Director, SNR Radiocom
• Eugen BRAD, Technical Director, SNR Radiocom
• Lucian ROMAȘCANU, Management Adviser of President-General Manager, TVR
While DTT has yet to prove its business viability, digital television, via DTH, cable or internet, is struggling to keep pace with technology and viewers’ demand for quality. Is technology enhancement leading to new business opportunities or pose challenges to business players? Distributors, satellite capacity providers and technology suppliers discuss ways to adapt to the new environment: Is image quality key to attracting viewers? Is the use of secondary screens and communication devices a way of making television consumption more interactive? How to benefit from the broadband-broadcast convergence?
• Jean-Francois FALLACHER, Chief Executive Officer, Orange Romania
• Martin KUBACKI, Vice President & Chief Regional Officer CEE, SES Astra
• Apostolos TRIANTAFYLLOU, Senior VP Sales, Eutelsat
• Catalin NICULESCU, Managing Director, Rohde & Schwarz
• George Pletea, Technical Director, Perfect Broadcast
• George MOTOC, Vice-President, ACD
Technology and internet changed the way viewers consume information, including video content. Is technology advancement killing old business models? Is there a wild west in which only visionaries and innovators survive? Let’s listen (and watch) a one-to-one conversation between two technology enthusiasts:
• Dan BULUCEA, Country Manager, Google
• Horia CAZAN, Chief Technical Officer, TVR
Special Guest: Laura MUSUROAEA, vlogger
Remember 3D? Forget it! HDTV? Already standard! UHD/4K is the new king in town. But where is the catch in switching to UHD/4K? Where is the content, where is the need and, most importantly, where is the commercial benefit? Let’s hear it from the professionals
• Gabriel CHIRION, SONY Professional Solutions Europe
• Victor ARMASELU, Head of Consumer Electronics, Samsung Romania